Again… a quick and easy recipe for all those busy moms who still love inviting guests! As some of my Instagram followers have requested after seeing the pictures, I finally found the moment to write the goat cheese and pumpkin lasagna recipe I had promised!
Although the pumpkin season is over in our part of the world… some might be about to begin! And for those who did like us or bought our packs, you can still enjoy the recipe. For those who are not aware, when our harvested pumpkins were about to spoil, I started peeling, cutting and packing them. We froze enough packs to be able to eat organic pumpkin from our orchard until october when the new harvest arrives. Those we did not need were sold in local shops or sold online and sent direct from our farm to the homes.
I won’t take longer, following is the recipe! I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do!!
- 1 Package of Candyliving Pumpkin – (800gr)
- 250 gr of onion cut into thin strips or dices.
- 125gr of goat cheese in pieces.
- 6 slices of lasagne
- Olive oil
- Grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 50gr of goat cheese
- 200ml cream
- Salt and pepper
1. Put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, cook the pumpkin at very low temperature, with salt and pepper. The pumpkin is ready when you can squash it with the fork.
2. In a different pan we golden the onion. Then you add the onion to the pumpkin and add the goat cheese. Blend at a very low temperature.
3. In the mean time cook the lasagna plaques in salty water.
4. For the sauce: we put a spoon of olive oil in a pan (low fire). We add the cream (salt and pepper) and goat cheese in dices. We mix until the cheese melts and blends with the cream. (keep mixing until it thickens a little bit.
5. Take an oven tray. Paint with butter and then start preparing the lasagna. A layer of pasta, then add some of the pumpkin mix and some of the sauce and another layer of pasta. Keep adding as much layers as you want. Once you put the last layer of pasta, add some sauce on top and then some grated cheese.
Add it to the preheated oven at 180ºC during 15 min and then 5 more minutes cooking au gratin.
Photography by Mercè Rial