For those who asked… today I post my cookies recipe!
Have you ever tasted those yummy soft cookies that melt in your mouth together with the chocolate flavour? Have you tried baking them and they never came out as good? they looked yummy but became hard like rocks? Here is a super easy recipe and a few tips to bake quick and yummy cookies. Non of your guests will be able to resist them!
Use a glass for measure (always the same).
- 1 egg
- 1 glass of butter
- 1 glass and 1/4 of brown sugar
- 1 glass and 1/4 of white sugar
- 2 glasses of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
First of all (before starting to prepare the dough) set the oven at 190ºC (the secret of the cooking softness is in the baking). While the oven heats, start preparing the dough:
- Take a big bowl and add the egg, sugar and butter. (*I would suggest you to melt a little bit the butter before adding it to the bowl, it is much easier to blend everything. Just make sure you don’t add it very hot inside the mix).
- Take another bowl and add the flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar and chocolate chips. (I personally prefer to add just a few of the chocolate chips now and I add them the rest directly on top of the cookies later on so they are better spread all around the cookies, otherwise they might all be in the same point of the cookie and I like to feel the taste in every bite 😋)
- Add the flour bowl inside the first bowl little by little while mixing the dough. I personally like doing it directly with my hands. When both bowls are mixed, the dough is ready and you can start shaping the cookies.
- Once the cookies are on the tray add the chocolate all around.
Now they are ready to go in the oven. Make sure the oven is already preheated at 190ºC. The secret to get soft cookies is in the baking. The oven must be heated at the temperature and the cookies need to be inside 10 minutes.
When you take them out of the oven after 10-12 minutes, they will seem raw but they are not. Take the warm platter under them away and let them cool.
In the following picture you will see the cookies have different colours. The two on top were in the oven 10 minutes. The third one (down left side) was in the oven for 15 minutes. The fourth one (down right) was in the oven for 20 minutes. The first two are delicious, the third one is quite ok and the 4th looks yummy but it is like a rock. So… do not wait for the cookies to look golden. Take them out after 10 minutes.
I used milk chocolate because it is my favourite but you can add anything you like, up to your imagination! White chocolate, dark chocolate, coloured choco chips… Even Nutela! I love those too. if you want to add nutela inside the cookie make a thin cookie, add nutela and add another layer of thin cookie dough on top (you don’t need to stick them, they will by themselves with the oven heat.
I hope you, your family, friends and guests will enjoy the recipe!! Please mention @Candyliving if you decide to try them so I can see the results!
I love them with a good tea! 🍪 ☕️
Last Photography by Mercè Rial & Setting by Candyliving